Patrick J. NolanGet the Nolan Advantage
Mr. Nolan has secured over 50 Circuit Court jury verdicts in Muskegon, Oceana, Ottawa, Wayne, & Oakland Counties. Mr. Nolan has received successful verdicts in medical malpractice, products liability, automobile negligence, insurance law, construction law, and motor carrier (trucks) liability.
Professional Memberships and Organizations:
- Association of Traveler's of America, sustaining member
- Michigan Trial Lawyer's Association, sustaining member, former Executive Board member
- Michigan State Bar Representative Assembly, former member
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, life fellow
- Muskegon County Bar Association
- Kohl, Secrest, Wardle, Lynch, Clark & Hampton, P.C., 1978-1985
Insurance law and defense litigation representing several major carriers, including Allstate, Auto-Owners, Citizens Insurance Company, Ohio Casualty & Physicians Insurance Company of Michigan
- Crowley, Olsman, Nolan & Berman, P.C., 1985-1997
Managing stockholder. Plaintiff's personal injury practice with major emphasis in medical malpractice litigation.
- Nolan & Shafer, PLC, 1997-present
Managing stockholder. Plaintiff's personal injury practice with major emphasis in medical malpractice litigation and family law.
- B.S., Communication Arts, Western Michigan University 1972.
- M.A., Honors, Educational Leadership, Western Michigan University 1974.
- J.D., Honors, Detroit College of Law, 1978.
- Officer Candidate School, Commandants List, 1969
- Airborne Training Graduate, Ft. Benning, GA, 1969
- Company Commander, Ft. Gordon, 1970
- 1st Lieutenant Infantry Platoon Leader, Republic of South Vietnam, 1970-1971.
- Decorations: Bronze Star with Oakleaf Cluster, Air Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Infantry Men's Badge.
Married since 1972.