MUSKEGON INJURY ATTORNEY
WHO AM I?
I was born and raised in Muskegon, Michigan. I served in the US. Military as 1st Lieutenant Infantry Platoon Leader in the Republic of South Vietnam from 1970-1971 and received a Bronze Star. I began my legal career in 1978 and opened my first law practice in 1985. I’ve been married for 46 years!
EXPERT IN PERSONAL INJURY LAW
Auto accident settlement West Michigan
LARGEST AUTO ACCIDENT JURY VERDICT IN MUSKEGON COUNTY HISTORY
Professional Memberships and Organizations:
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ), former Executive Board member
- Michigan State Bar Representative Assembly, former member
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, life fellow
- Muskegon County Bar Association
- Kohl, Secrest, Wardle, Lynch, Clark & Hampton, P.C., 1978-1985
- Crowley, Olsman, Nolan & Berman, P.C., 1985-1997
Managing stockholder. Plaintiff’s personal injury practice with major emphasis in medical malpractice litigation
- Nolan & Shafer, PLC, 1997-present
- Reeths-Puffer High School
- B.S., Communication Arts, Western Michigan University 1972.
- M.A., Honors, Educational Leadership, Western Michigan University 1974.
- J.D., Honors, Detroit College of Law, 1978.
- Officer Candidate School, Commandants List, 1969
- Airborne Training Graduate, Ft. Benning, GA, 1969
- Company Commander, Ft. Gordon, 1970
- 1st Lieutenant Infantry Platoon Leader, Republic of South Vietnam, 1970-1971
- Decorations: Bronze Star with Oakleaf Cluster, Air Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Infantry Men’s Badge
Married since 1972
"Nolan & Shafer is the “go-to” firm for handling
all serious accident and wrongful death cases."