I AM PATRICK J. NOLAN
MUSKEGON DEFENSE ATTORNEY
WHO AM I?
I was born and raised in Muskegon, Michigan. I served in the US. Military as 1st Lieutenant Infantry Platoon Leader in the Republic of South Vietnam from 1970-1971 and received a Bronze Star. I began my legal career in 1978 and opened my first law practice in 1985. I’ve been married for 46 years!
EXPERT IN INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH LAW
AUTO ACCIDENT SETTLEMENT WEST MICHIGAN
LARGEST AUTO ACCIDENT JURY VERDICT IN MUSKEGON COUNTY HISTORY
Professional Memberships and Organizations:
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ), former Executive Board member
- Michigan State Bar Representative Assembly, former member
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, life fellow
- Muskegon County Bar Association
- Kohl, Secrest, Wardle, Lynch, Clark & Hampton, P.C., 1978-1985
- Crowley, Olsman, Nolan & Berman, P.C., 1985-1997
Managing stockholder. Plaintiff’s personal injury practice with major emphasis in medical malpractice litigation
- Nolan & Shafer, PLC, 1997-present
- Reeths-Puffer High School
- B.S., Communication Arts, Western Michigan University 1972.
- M.A., Honors, Educational Leadership, Western Michigan University 1974.
- J.D., Honors, Detroit College of Law, 1978.
- Officer Candidate School, Commandants List, 1969
- Airborne Training Graduate, Ft. Benning, GA, 1969
- Company Commander, Ft. Gordon, 1970
- 1st Lieutenant Infantry Platoon Leader, Republic of South Vietnam, 1970-1971
- Decorations: Bronze Star with Oakleaf Cluster, Air Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Infantry Men’s Badge
Married since 1972