MUSKEGON DEFENSE ATTORNEY
WHO AM I?
I’ve been married for 39 years and have four children. I’ve been practicing law for 32 years and specialize in criminal defense, family law, and license restorations. I graduated from Grand Valley State University in 1970. I completed my graduate work at Central Michigan University and received my J.D. with Honors, from Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 1986.
EXPERT IN REPRESENTING PEOPLE
I primarily represent those who have been accused of crimes, both felonies and misdemeanors. I have many not guilty verdicts in many counties in West Michigan. I handle many drunk driving cases, license restoration cases, and all other cases in which people find themselves accused of committing criminal offenses. I also spend a great deal of my practice representing those involved in divorces, child custody matters, and family law. I also write wills and perform general probate work.
Professional Memberships and Organizations:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Muskegon County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice law in the Federal District Court, Federal Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court
- Michigan Court of Appeals, 1986-1987
- Private Practice, 1987-1997
- Nolan & Shafer, PLC, 1997 to present
- Major emphasis in criminal and divorce
- B.A. Grand Valley State University, 1970
- Graduate Work, CMU, 1971-1972
- J.D., Honors, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 1986
Married 1979, four children.