David P. ShaferGet the Nolan Advantage
Mr. Shafer represents people who have been seriously injured due to the carelessness of others. Mr. Shafer also represents loved ones who have lost family members due to the wrongful conduct of others. Most of the people he represents have been injured as the result of automobile accidents, trucking accidents, boating accidents, medical negligence, dog bites, slip and fall accidents, and civil rights/police misconduct.
Mr. Shafer has secured numerous verdicts on behalf of his seriously injured clients in Muskegon, Kent, Mason and Newaygo County Circuit Courts. He has secured numerous recoveries of One Million Dollars or more for his deserving clients. Mr. Shafer also occasionally handles criminal cases, and has secured multiple “not guilty” verdicts for his clients in both felony and misdemeanor cases.
Professional Memberships and Organizations:
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Muskegon County Bar Association
- Bench Bar Committee
- Muskegon Bike Time
- Michigan State University Extension, Past Board Member
- Urban League of Muskegon, Past Board Member
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Lakeshore, Past Big Brother/Mentor
- Wayne State University Law School—Student Board of Governors, Past Representative
- Nolan & Shafer, PLC, 1995-to present
- Associate 1995-2001
- Partner 2001 to present.
- Personal injury practice with major emphasis in automobile accidents, trucking accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, dog bites, slip and fall and other property accidents, construction accidents, boating accidents, legal malpractice, civil rights/police misconduct. Mr. Shafer also represents those accused of serious crimes.
- Reeths-Puffer High School, 1988
- University of Michigan, 1992, B.A. Psychology
- Wayne State University Law School, 1995, J.D.
Mr. Shafer was born and raised in Muskegon County. He and his family reside in Muskegon County.